Tuesday, July 27, 2010

When Nathan is the Faster Runner

Now that I'm into the third trimester of my pregnancy, my running pace has slowed to probably what some speed walkers can surpass. That's okay; I'm not in it for any medals. With the recent cooler temps, running in the morning has been spectacularly gorgeous.

Nathan has been excited to come with me a few mornings (ok, there was one time when he was excited and one time when he was not so excited to get out of bed) and I have seen a new kind of runner in Nathan that I have never seen before - one who talks and actually seems to be enjoying the run. Normally he is all business; trying to push the pace, sweating up a storm and generally just looking forward to being done with the workout. Not so on one of our recent runs. He was actually making jokes, laughing and talking, while I was the one huffing and puffing and wishing that I could just take a break and walk. Its been a nice role-reversal and though I'm the slow runner in the pair right now, I have to say that I sort of enjoy it!

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is hilarious! That's like the story of my life when running with Ryan. So cute!!!